Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Filtering outgoing email

From: Pete Hickey <pete () SHADOWS UOTTAWA CA>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 08:04:17 -0400

Quotas on the amount/rate of outbound mailing..

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 08:00:40AM -0400, Kellogg, Brian D. wrote:
We've been the victim of a phishing scam that made it through our
incoming spam filter.  The phisher used the compromised accounts to send
spam via Outlook Web Access.  Just wondering what inexpensive/reliable
methods others are using to filter outbound email and catch any accounts
showing a huge volume of outbound spam.  Thanks...

Thank you,

Brian Kellogg
Network Services Manager
St. Bonaventure University
716-375-4092

--
Pete Hickey
The University of Ottawa         Do you smoke after sex ?