Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Fortinet Firewalls

From: "Kellogg, Brian D." <bkellogg () SBU EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:56:31 -0400

We currently run an old Pix firewall and it’s done the job well, but it’s time to retire it.  We are looking at
Fortinet and Cisco ASA at the moment and are quite interested in Fortinet due to the its price and capabilities at that
price point.  Would anyone be willing to share their experience with Fortinet firewalls and their tech support?  We are
most interested in their VPN, both user and site to site; SSL VPN; virus scanning; and IPS features.

Suggestions of other vendors that can provide the same features are welcome as well.

Thank you,

Brian Kellogg

Network Services Manager

St. Bonaventure University