Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: two-factor OTP systems

From: Bill Kyle <Bill.Kyle () JHU EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:37:07 -0400

Jeff,

Check out the offerings from Vasco http://www.vasco.com/ for two-
factor solutions. A few years ago I did an evaluation and Vasco was
the most cost effective solution. Their hardware tokens (Digipass) do
not have a programmed date to stop working. The work until the
battery dies ~ 7 years. The use AD for their database and can make
use of the users password in AD instead of requiring a PIN (one less
thing for a user to forget). And they have a solution for smart
phones (Virtual Digipass).

--
Sincerely,
Bill Kyle