Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Blackboard cross-domain frameset loading

From: Mike Austin <mga+educause () UVM EDU>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 13:11:07 -0500

Thanks for this information.  We were worried enough about the phishing
implications of this that we implemented our own fix.

A co-worker of mine snooped through the java and was able to come up with
a fix that we have implemented on our production Blackboard servers (after
having run in test for two days).

Patch and installation information at:

http://www.uvm.edu/~bcodding/ticker/archives/16

The fix shows an error, rather than the site:

https://bb.uvm.edu/webapps/portal/frameset.jsp?tab=courses&url=//www.amazon.com

Mike
--
Systems Architecture & Administration