Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Do you use Email encryption software?

From: "Miller, Don C." <donm () UIDAHO EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 08:54:56 -0800

We have tried a number of encryption products, the best for e-mail is
s/mime as it can easily integrate into a number of e-mail clients
natively.  But, our CSO has taken the stance that *no* sensitive
information can be stored on local systems and should be avoided going
through e-mail (and the potential for local storage).  Only links to
secure web pages should be used, especially now that we outsource
student e-mail services.

Don Miller
University of Idaho