Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Securing a document management system

From: Allison Dolan <adolan () MIT EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 08:44:13 -0400

Theresa

I am curious about the reason such documents need to be scanned -
have the business folks indicated why they need such records and why
they couldn't redact the PII before scanning?   Or is this scanning
for just the HR/payroll department?

Allison F. Dolan
Program Director, Personally Identifiable Information
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave  NE49-3021
Cambridge MA 02139-4307
Phone: (617) 252-1461