Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Internet filtering device

From: "HALL, NATHANIEL D." <halln () OTC EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:30:01 -0600

Yes and no.  We do on the network where students bring their own laptops, but we do not on our internal network.  I am
in the process of creating a database driven system using DansGuardian and Squid to primarily block malware.

--
Nathaniel Hall, GSEC GCFW GCIA GCIH GCFA
Network Security System Administrator