Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email Attachment Blocking

From: "Miller, Don C." <donm () UIDAHO EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:32:50 -0800

I forgot to mention either the sender or recipient which is a part of
our domain *and* this check is after a spam check.  We have all other
notifications turned on and we know this is a potential area of both
backscatter and self-spamming.  Unfortunately we have had too many cases
of just missing messages over the years. :(  We still want the
protection with the customer friendly notice.

Don