Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: stopping students sharing their login credentials

From: "James M. Dutcher - Assoc of IS/IT & CIO" <james.dutcher () SUNYORANGE EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 00:22:12 +0000

Neil...good points...in relation to the "empty patrol car" reference, I heard of a stat some time ago where a dept
store chain experienced an 80% drop in shoplifting by simply putting up/staging full size cut-out posters of police
officers.   I wish I could remember the exact details.  Too, I've yet to see an electronic version of this....Jim
Dutcher