Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Opinions on malwarebytes virus cleanup software?

From: "Rizzo, Jim" <JRIZZO () PROVIDENCE EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 21:51:57 -0500

It is one of the best anti-malware applications I have seen.  Not only does it get rid of some of the most annoying
pieces of malware (antivirus 2009, for example), it does it with the quick scan (completes in about 10-15 min on most
computers) and without going to Safe Mode.  I have added it to my recommended list of anti-malware software and
recommend it to my friends and colleagues.  In fact, in most cases, I don't even need to run AdAware or SpyBot, my old
standbys.

I actually found it when I was trying to remove antivirus 2009 and haven't stopped using it.

Jim

--
Jim Rizzo
Helpdesk Manager