Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DNSSEC & the .EDU domain

From: Curt Wilson <curtw () SIU EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:10:43 -0500

John Center wrote:
Hi,

Has there been any discussion on signing the .EDU domain?  I see that
PIR is planning to sign .ORG.  This might be a good time to do it... :-)

Thanks.

    -John

I have not followed DNSSEC but I wonder how many .edu's would be willing
to allocate the resources to implement it. I'm guessing that the problem
is likely not to be the skillset but resource allocation and
organizational governance (surprise!)

If/when DNSSEC is available for .edu, how many of you will implement it
and how do you envision your resource requirements changing?

--
Curt Wilson
SIUC IT Security Officer & Security Engineer