Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DNSSEC & the .EDU domain

From: Rodney Petersen <rpetersen () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 20:00:06 -0600

This is under active consideration by the EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Security
Task Force.  As someone else has commented, we have a working group
established under the banner of the Internet2 Salsa group.
Additionally, EDUCAUSE, as the administrator of the dot edu domain, is
in active conversation with Verasign who provides our technical support.
Additionally, there are a few initiatives within government and industry
to move this forward and we are participating in those dialogues as
well.

You will find some excellent materials from a February 2008 presentation
on "DNSSEC:  Challenges and Opportunities for Higher Education" at
http://connect.educause.edu/Library/Abstract/DNSSECChallengesandOpport/4
6213.

-Rodney

Rodney J. Petersen, J.D.
Government Relations Officer & Security Task Force Coordinator

EDUCAUSE
1150 18th Street, N.W., Suite 1010
Washington, D.C. 20036
(202) 331-5368 / (202) 872-4200