Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Official and Certified Email

From: Mike Porter <mike () UDEL EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:14:57 -0400

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Justin St. Onge wrote:

I think email is a lost cause.   RSS maybe?

I don't know.  I am heartened by the fact that no one has fallen for
the latest phish scam here.  I think people need to learn to read
and think.  If something comes in the US mail, you should look and
think before replying; the same goes for email.  People haven't been
brought up thinking that email can be trivially forged and they
don't think.

Mike

Justin St. Onge
Academic Server Administrator/Lab Coordinator
SUNY College at Oneonta - Academic Computer Services
stongejc () oneonta edu

"Look, defenseless babies!"
Fletch