Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Official and Certified Email

From: Willis Marti <wmarti () TAMU EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:51:53 -0500

Has anyone conquered yet how to have (example) their president send
out an email with a link in it and have folks comfortable that it is
not a phishing scheme?

I guess I'm going the other way: teach the marketing and communications
folk not to use clickable links in email. At a minimum, no clickable
link may lead to a page with a userid/password prompt. A clickable link
may only lead to an information page. We've thought about the "golden
site" idea but haven't found a good solution.

--
Cheers,
 Willis Marti