Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Blacklisting and Tar-pitting

From: Roger Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 08:23:20 -0500

At 06:33 AM 8/6/2008, Jay Graham put fingers to keyboard and wrote:
Here at the University of Pittsburgh, we allow our users to forward
their official University email address <username () pitt edu> either on
campus to a departmental e-mail server or off campus to another provider.

In addition to the other comments about steps to reduce spam, I would
consider reviewing this policy.  My concern would be that official
university business, which may be of a sensitive nature, is potentially
no longer under your control.

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () northwestern edu (email) public key available on many key servers.