Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: P2P sensitive data searches

From: "Consolvo, Corbett D" <cc72 () TXSTATE EDU>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:18:20 -0500

We are searching the P2P networks in general (across the Internet).  The data in question that was discovered was
personal data not related in any way to Texas State University.  We have discovered some need to see whether our data
is being shared in general, not just on campus.  We don't run a P2P network ourselves and generally block P2P at our
edge.  We are first most interested in looking for institutional data but anything we can do to protect student data is
certainly high on the list.

Thanks,
Corbett