Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: <SPAM> Re: emergency alert system

From: Roger Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:58:19 -0500

While I don't really want to get into a discussion of the merits
of these systems, I would say that a well thought out notification
system would understand the limitations of a system, AND combine
various technologies to address those limitations.

Our system, is going to use phone (we ask for home, office, & cell),
email, web, & public announcements, and is tied into action plans with
the university police.

Perfect?  No, but if you wait for perfection, you're unlikely to do
much.  Ever.

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () northwestern edu (email) public key available on many key servers.