Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Initial Response to RIAA/MPAA Complaints

From: Joel Rosenblatt <joel () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 13:19:22 -0500

Hi,

We do not have a response letter that is sent back to the RIAA or anyone else when we get a DMCA complaint.

I've been doing this for quite a while and have never been questioned as to "why don't we ever hear from you" .. the
only time we send them mail is when the
complaints are screwed up.

We process all of the complaints and our GC office corresponds with them when subpoenas start coming in, but for normal
"take down" notices, there is no
feedback from us at all.

My 2 cents.

Joel Rosenblatt

Joel Rosenblatt, Manager Network & Computer Security
Columbia Information Security Office (CISO)
Columbia University, 612 W 115th Street, NY, NY 10025 / 212 854 3033
http://www.columbia.edu/~joel