Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: E-mail from ARIN ref. Legacy Registration Services

From: John <jgarner () SFASU EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:07:48 -0500

Yes, we received one. I read the faq at ARIN and have not yet decided what
to do. I will involve legal counsel before proceeding even though this will
induce a delay.

Yes, it does seem to apply to our educational community (see faq #1)

At first blush it seems a no brainer to register. $100/year to ensure we
keep our IPv4 space up to date and chip in for the whois services etc. but
my ignorance is vast regarding any legal issues.

Joy,
John