Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FERPA question

From: Ced Bennett <ced.bennett () STANFORD EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:06:38 -0700

Kathy --

Missed your question the first time around but Stanford declares the primary
email address to be Directory Information (although at Stanford, a student
may prohibit the release of almost all directory information at their own
discretion).  Here's a reference to the PDF version of the Bulletin that
covers that topic (see numbered page 37 which is pdf page 18 of 25 in this
section)
http://www.stanford.edu/dept/registrar/bulletin/pdf/AcademicPolicy.pdf

Ced