Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Windows local admin in a .edu environment

From: "Halliday,Paul" <Paul.Halliday () NSCC CA>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:15:21 -0400

I am looking for insight (pros and cons) on the issue of granting
local admin rights to faculty and staff in a .edu setting. Let's
assume that the staff and faculty have direct access to core
administrative systems and portals like Sharepoint and Peoplesoft.

I have never thought of this argument as subjective (am I just being
anal?) but apparently I was wrong. I would love to hear the general
consensus on this issue. I am especially interested in what others in
.edu are doing.

Thanks.

-----
Paul Halliday