Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Info Classification Policy implementation

From: Sarah Stevens <sarah () STEVENS-TECHNOLOGIES COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 20:11:17 -0800

Danna,

Have you looked at FIPS 199 or NIST 800-60?  They provide TERRIFIC guidelines for data classification.  If it's not too
late, I would be happy to send you some free example project plans for data classification efforts.

I am a vendor, but I am very active in this group and there are never any strings attached to my help on this board.

Sarah E Stevens, CISSP
President
Stevens Technologies, Inc.
(704) 625-8842 x500

"Security solutions for your organization."

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you
have received this communication in error, please do not distribute and delete the original message.  Please notify the
sender by e-mail at the address shown.  Thank you for your compliance.