Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Info Classification Policy implementation

From: "Gianforte, Danna" <Danna.Gianforte () PEPPERDINE EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:56:07 -0800

We're planning to implement a new Information Classification Policy, and
we're looking for case studies or folks willing to share their
experiences with us on how they implemented the policy at their
institution.  We're presenting to our Management Committee soon, and we
know the major concern across campus will be:  timeline, who's
responsible for compliance, hurdles, extra resources required, etc, etc.

Does anyone know of any documented case studies on implementation of a
classification policy?  Or - would you mind sharing your school's
experience with this on the above mentioned topics?

Thanks.

Danna

----
Danna Gianforte
Senior Director, Information Services & Program Management
Information Technology
Pepperdine University
310.506.4642  (office)
979.739.8920  (cell)