Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: ASA 5510 and VPN

From: Mike Iglesias <iglesias () UCI EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 09:04:32 -0800

Vanderbilt, Teresa wrote:
Does anyone have experience setting up an SSL WebVPN on a Cisco ASA 5510?

I need guidance and Cisco’s technical support isn’t cutting it. Please
contact me off list. I’ll share with anyone else needing help.

There are two flavors of the Cisco's SSL VPN, the web-based one (WebVPN) and
the downloadable SSL VPN client.  I've setup the WebVPN on an ASA 5540, which
should be the same in that respect as the 5510.  If you're not using ASDM to
set it up, consider doing it that way.  It's much easier to setup the ASA VPN
stuff with ASDM.

Let me know if you want some help.

--
Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias () uci edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926