Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: ASA 5510 and VPN

From: "Winders, Timothy A" <twinders () SOUTHPLAINSCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 10:29:37 -0600

I had a miserable time trying to get the WebVPN working with my ASA
5520.  I ended up enabling the download of the AnyConnect client.  Users
can open a secure web connection to the VPN server, login then download
the AnyConnect client.  It's not a good solution for a machine not owned
by the end user, but, it does work for those users that cannot use the
IPSec client for whatever reason.

Tim Winders | Associate Dean of Information Technology | South Plains
College