Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Security

From: Paul Russell <prussell () ND EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:38:48 -0400

On 10/23/2007 19:07, Vicky Walker wrote:
David's response leads me to ask what the general consensus is about the
safety of Password Safes and what are the best ones out there today?

For the past several years, I and some of my co-workers have been using a
product called STRIP (Secure Tool for Recalling Important Passwords), for
Palm OS. I believe it was written by a sysadmin who could not find a
password-keeper application that met his needs.

See http://www.identicentric.com/products/strip/ for details.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team