Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Shared Security/Audit Position

From: Steve Schuster <sjs74 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:30:00 -0400

At Cornell, we do not have a shared resource but rather have focused
on building a strong relationship between the IT Security Office and
University Audit.  I support the Audit Office in performing such
things as IT scans with interpretation if necessary and the Audit
Office supports me in findings that support hte wider security
mission.  The Audit Office does a fine job of IT audits but, let's
face it, between the two groups we have very different approaches to
things.  I see this as a good thing.

I would rather focus on strong relationships with shared interests
rather than a shared resource.

sjs

Steve Schuster
Director, IT Security Office