Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Shared Security/Audit Position

From: "Mclaughlin, Kevin (mclaugkl)" <mclaugkl () UCMAIL UC EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:06:34 -0400

I currently have one of my ISOs doing some of the IT audit work for our
Internal Audit group.  It has been working fine so far but we are having to
be very careful with the independence and conflict of interest issue that
Gary mentions below.

-Kevin

Kevin L. McLaughlin
CISM, CISSP, PMP, ITIL Master Certified
Director, Information Security
University of Cincinnati
513-556-9177 (w)
513-703-3211 (m)
513-558-ISEC (department)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and its content is confidential,
intended solely for the addressee, and may be legally privileged. Access to
this message and its content by any individual or entity other than those
identified in this message is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying or distribution of this e-mail may be
unlawful. Any action taken or omitted due to the content of this message is
prohibited and may be unlawful.