Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Educause/Internet 2 Security Task Force Encryption sub-committee

From: "Allen, Jon D" <Jon_Allen () BAYLOR EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:55:58 -0500

Recognizing the importance of encryption to the secure and confidential handling of personal information, the
EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Security Task Force established an adhoc working group over the Summer to begin investigating this
issue and identify resources for the community.  There is a resource page on Encryption at
http://connect.educause.edu/term_view/Encryption and this working group will strive to identify other resources that we
can add to this page.  The topics that are currently looking to be addresses include:

        - Whole Disk encryption
        - File/Folder encryption
        - Email encryption
        - Mobile encryption
        - Encryption 101

Please send any suggestions of other topics or comments to me and I will make sure to forward them on to the group.  We
are working hard to get an effective practice on whole disk encryption published in the next month.

Jon Allen
Information Security Officer
Baylor University