Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Educause/Internet 2 Security Task Force Encryption sub-committee

From: Matthew Gracie <graciem () CANISIUS EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 08:58:40 -0400

Allen, Jon D wrote:
The topics that are currently looking to be addresses include:

- Whole Disk encryption - File/Folder encryption - Email encryption -
Mobile encryption - Encryption 101  Please send any suggestions of
other topics or comments to me and I will make sure to forward them
on to the group.  We are working hard to get an effective practice on
whole disk encryption published in the next month.

Jon --

        I've been doing a lot of work with Linux whole-partition encryption
lately. If you'd like me to write up a primer for the resource page, let
me know and I'll see what I can do. I know it's sort of an odd subject,
but I've already got the notes and I didn't see anything about it when I
scanned the resource page.

--Matt

--
Matt Gracie                         (716) 888-2403
Information Security Administrator  graciem () canisius edu