Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RIAA timestamps off

From: David Taylor <ltr () ISC UPENN EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 09:03:27 -0400

Yea but I am wondering if some of the files in question might be fakes seeded by companies like MediaDefender. If they
are sending notices without actually verifying the file is a legit copyrighted file where does that process stop and
verification begins.

David Taylor
University of Pennsylvania
Office of Information Security