Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: security awareness training

From: Jill B Gemmill <JGemmill () UAB EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:11:42 -0500

We were in a hurry and found that a SCORM-compliant (ie, able to be
imported into webct and/or blackboard) basic awareness training module
was available from several places, and for less than $10K.  Considering
the time a person would take to write such, this seemed like a good deal
to us.  For our purposes, a course from a company named Rocket Ready was
selected covering safe use of the internet, email, wireless, social
engineering, phishing, etc.  In our case, there was no charge for
modifications to the basic content (eg: we wanted to change the
information about setting and using passwords) to match local
conditions.

  Jill Gemmill, PhD
  University of Alabama at Birmingham | Data Security

  205-975-2850 | jgemmill () uab edu