Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: OT: vendor contacts after list posting

From: Paul Russell <prussell () ND EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:31:35 -0400

On 4/11/2007 11:51, David Boyer wrote:
For what it's worth, not long after making this posting I was contacted by
> Bradford Networks about their NAC products. I'm not sure how everyone else
> feels, but it's a real turn off for me when vendors troll these constituent
> group discussions to generate sales leads.

Maybe this is common practice and I'm just being naive. Any thoughts?

You can report the incident to the list owner by sending an email message to
security-request () listserv educause edu. I do not know the policy in this
forum, so I have no idea what, if any, action might be taken. In many forums,
this behavior is explicitly prohibited. In some forums, it will result in
the vendor being expelled.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team