Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Evaluating Rapid7's Nexpose

From: "Logan, Kimberly (loganks)" <LOGANKS () UCMAIL UC EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:23:22 -0400

Hi Michael,

The University of Cincinnati  is using NeXpose and we're very happy with it.
I can't speak to writing custom checks because we haven't done that.  We're
in the early stages of starting regular scans for the university, but from
what we've done I find it to be a very nice, useful tool.  Our users have
commented that they find it helpful, as well.  The reports indicate when a
vulnerability is found that it may be a false positive, so it's up to the
system administrators to verify.  The support has been very good and I would
highly recommend the three day onsite (they come to you) training.  Feel
free to give me a call if you'd like to talk further.

Kim

Kim Logan
Information Security Officer
CISSP