Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Business Continuity Plans for an Information Security Office

From: "Lovaas,Steven R" <Steven.Lovaas () COLOSTATE EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:35:04 -0700

Well said, Jim.

BCP is primarily a business activity, so it needs to involve all relevant stakeholders in the business. And that means
lots of MBAs/CPAs/PhDs at the table, and not so many (fill-in-the-blank-IT-cert)'s. Bottom line? *We* don't get to
define what's critical to the organization. We merely make the process possible and implement it in architecture,
policy, hardware, etc...

Steve Lovaas