Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

RIAA Non-Compliant Copyright Infringement Complaints

From: Mary Shaffer <mshaffer () CALPOLY EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 16:46:29 -0700

We have received a handful of RIAA complaints recently, none of which
include the infringement detail necessary to track down and address the
problem.  We have replied to each compliant asking for the necessary detail,
but without success.

Has anyone else had this problem? If yes, how did you resolve it? Do you
have contact information beyond the address used to send the complaints
(antipiracy2 () riaa com). I checked their website but couldn't find a phone
number or alternative email address. We want to do the right thing, but are
powerless to act without the infringement information.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Mary

From: Mary Shaffer
      Policy/Program Assurance - Office of the CIO
      Information Technology Services
      California Polytechnic State University
      San Luis Obispo, California 93407

      OFFICE: 14-113C             E-MAIL: mshaffer () calpoly edu
      PHONE:  805-756-5538        FAX:    805-756-2000

      IT POLICIES: http://security.calpoly.edu/policies/
      IT SECURITY: http://security.calpoly.edu