Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

National Cyber Security Awareness Month is HERE!!

From: Krizi Trivisani <krizi () GWU EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 16:52:49 -0400

National Cyber Security Awareness Month is HERE!!

October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM).  We encourage you to consider ways you can raise awareness
among your faculty, staff, and students and invite you to help promote NCSAM. For further suggestions, please consult
the Resource Kit for National Cyber Security Awareness Month http://www.educause.edu/7479, developed by the
EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Security Task Force.

Additional EDUCAUSE resources include:
•       NCSAM Sample Kit http://www.educause.edu/10607
•       Cybersecurity Awareness Resource Library http://www.educause.edu/8762
•       EDUCAUSE Cybersecurity Awareness Resource Center http://www.educause.edu/Browse/645?PARENT_ID=639

Additional National Cyber Security Alliance resources include:
•       NCSAM tool kit http://staysafeonline.org/events/ncsam06homepage.html
•       NCSAM web banners http://www.staysafeonline.info/events/NCSAMwebbanners06.html

Many colleges and universities are already planning events or developing awareness resources for NCSAM that we would
like to highlight as part of higher education's ongoing efforts to increase awareness within our community. A list of
institutions holding events in 2006 is currently available online: http://www.educause.edu/7479#campus_events.  We
would like to update this list with events that will be held in October 2006. Please share the URL or plans for your
NCSAM-related initiatives with the participants on this discussion list, or send an email to Security-Task-Force ()
educause edu.

There are also several exciting, cross-sector security awareness events in October.  They are:
•       Rochester Security Summit (University of Rochester) http://www.rochestersecurity.org/events.html
•       Who’s Watching Charlottesville? (University of Virginia) http://www.whoswatchingcharlottesville.org
•       CyberSecurity Conference 2006 (Lee College) http://www.lee.edu/itt/cyberSecurity_conf.asp

Best regards,
Awareness and Training Working Group Co-Chairs
Shirley Payne (University of Virginia)
Krizi Trivisani (The George Washington University)