Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Hosting Another IHE's Web Services in the Event of a Disaster

From: Harry Flowers <flowers () MEMPHIS EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:22:15 -0500

We're doing that with another university in our state system that's
about 200 miles away.  To answer the additional question about DNS, we
have a secondary at yet a different university in a different state.  At
the minimum, you'd want a secondary at your host site if nowhere else.
In the event of an emergency where none of your services were available,
you'd need to have someone edit the secondary manually to change the IP
address for you primary web server.
--
Harry Flowers
Manager, Systems Software