Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Hosting Another IHE's Web Services in the Event of a Disaster

From: "Hunt,Keith A" <keith () UAKRON EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:43:43 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Davin [mailto:Neil_Davin () EMERSON EDU]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 12:18 PM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: [SECURITY] Hosting Another IHE's Web Services in the
Event of a Disaster

I am interested in learning if there are institutions of
higher education that have agreed to host one another's basic
web services, such as another institution's web site, in the
event that those services are down due to a disaster.   Any
information on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Neil Davin

Manager of Technology Support Services

Emerson College

120 Boylston St.

Boston, MA  02116-4624

(617) 824-8094

I'm not sure what this has to do with security but if anyone cares to
address the idea I have a piggyback question: How would you handle the
DNS issues?

--
Keith Hunt  330.972.7968  keith () uakron edu
Internet & Server Systems