Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Outsourcing Forensics

From: Cam Beasley <cam () AUSTIN UTEXAS EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:23:48 -0500

We have a forensics lab and trained staff for this function.
We have also identified a local vendor to use in the event
we find ourselves in a situation that might be a conflict of
interest or more than we can taken on..  We haven't had to call
on them as of yet..

~cam.

--
Cam Beasley CISSP CIFI
University Information Security Officer

On 8/28/06 2:11 PM, "Bret R Blackman" <bblackma () MAIL UNOMAHA EDU>
articulated:

How many outsource their forensic work to a U.S. firm when there is an
incident involving confidential information on their campuses?

Bret R. Blackman
University of Nebraska at Omaha
Director of Administrative Information Services
Information Technology Services, EAB 110
bblackma () mail unomaha edu