Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Outsourcing Forensics

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () AUCKLAND AC NZ>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:33:45 +1200

Bret R Blackman wrote:

How many outsource their forensic work to a U.S. firm when there is an
incident involving confidential information on their campuses?

We have two people who are trained to do forensic work but we have
decided to outsource anything that is likely to go to court.  There are
so many i's to be dotted and t's crossed that it is easy to miss
something if you are not doing this stuff regularly.

So far we have never had to call anyone in but we do maintain a
relationship with a couple of local security firms who do work for the
police.

Russell