Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Product request - Enterprise whole disk encryption for laptops

From: Harold Winshel <winshel () CAMDEN RUTGERS EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:21:27 -0400

Yes and, the more hoops they need to go through, the less inclined they might be to storing sensitive info locally.

Harold

At 01:19 PM 7/20/2006, Waller, Michael A. (HSC) wrote:
We're working towards this. Basically, we understand that there will be some need, but we're going to make those who want to keep sensitive data on a portable device aware of the risks and make them jump through some additional hoops. This way, the user is more aware of the risk and supervisors/department heads/deans/IT have a much clearer picture of what's out in the wild.

Mike Waller   CISSP
Information Technology, Information Security Services
The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center