Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Has anyone looked at digital archiving?

From: "Parker, Ron" <Ron.Parker () BRAZOSPORT EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:59:38 -0500

There was a presentation at the EDUCAUSE Southwest Regional Conference
in February that discussed the formation of the Texas Digital Library.
Although I don't remember them addressing your specific questions in
detail, I would think they would be good folks to contact to find out
about approaches to these problems. I remember them discussing the
challenges of storing large amounts of digital content. I can't get to
the EDUCAUSE web site (probably my problem, not theirs) right now so I
can't tell you the presenter's name but you can see the presentation in
the program on Wednesday's list of sessions.

Mark McFarland is listed as technical director on the Texas Digital
Library website at www.lib.utsystem.edu. I think he may be the person
that presented at the conference but I can't confirm that at the moment.

--
Ron Parker, Director of Information Technology, Brazosport College