Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: host based firewall for windows 2003 server?

From: Vuong Phung <vphung () SCIENCE SJSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:22:37 -0700

Thanks Guy! I know about Security Configuration Wizard for Windows Server 2003 but never actually go through to install
and configure it. I am afraid it's not as flexible to make changes as third-party firewall like zonealarm on a desktop
client.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/configwiz/default.mspx

I will give SCW a try and see if it meet what we need. However, if anyone know about any third-party firewall for
windows 2003 server please continue to let me know. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vuong Phung
Operating Systems Administrator
College of Science - Dean's Office