Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: host based firewall for windows 2003 server?

From: Vuong Phung <vphung () SCIENCE SJSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:56:14 -0700

I am not sure if it supports windows 2003 server since it does not mention it (most likely it does not support 2003
since they don't even say Windows 2000 or better) Thanks!

 What are the system requirements for BlackICE Server Protection?
You can use BlackICE Server Protection on any PC running a web server or email server that meets the following
requirements:

    * Microsoft Windows® NT® 4.0 (Service Pack 4 or better)
    * Windows 2000 (Service Packs 1&2)
    * Pentium class computer or newer
    * 16MB RAM
    * 10 MB free space on a hard drive
    * TCP/IP network connection over 10/100 Ethernet LAN/WAN, cable modem, DSL router, ISDN router or dial-up modem
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vuong Phung
Operating Systems Administrator
College of Science - Dean's Office