Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

A Few Items to Note About Upcoming Higher Ed IT Security Conference (Security 2006)

From: Rodney Petersen <rpetersen () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:11:47 -0700

I wanted to pass along a few items related to the EDUCAUSE & Internet2
Security Professionals Conference (http://www.educause.edu/sec06) that
will be held in Denver, Colorado, April 10-12:

*Conference registration fees will increase after Monday (March 20th),
so register now:  http://www.educause.edu/Registration/8368

*There will be topical BOF's on Tuesday evening (April 11th), 7-9 p.m.,
including "Banner (ERP) Security" and "Regional Security Teams and the
REN-ISAC".  You can establish a sign-up sheet on site for a BOF topic of
your choice or contact me (rpetersen () educause edu) as soon as possible
to see if we can include your topic in the online and printed program.

*There will also be BOF's on Monday evening (April 10th), 5-6:30 p.m.,
for the following groups:  Big Ten/CIC, Commuter Campuses, Ivy-Plus,
Minority Serving Institutions, Research Universities, Small Colleges,
State Networks, Universities of the Big 12, and Virginia Alliance for
Secure Computing and Networking (VASCAN).  Let me know if you have a
group to add to this list.

*We are still in need of a few "session convenors" at the conference.
Just go to the program page at
http://www.educause.edu/Program/8337 and click on the "Want to Convene a
Session" graphic and click on the "View Available Sessions" button.
Choose from the available sessions.

*There will be an opportunity for you to meet the Security Task Force
co-chairs, Jack Suess (UMBC) and Joy Hughes (GMU), and leaders of the
task force's working groups during the morning and afternoon breaks on
Tuesday, April 11th.  (There will also be Corporate Displays!)  You can
sign-up to volunteer on site or do so at any time by sending an email
with your areas of interest to security-volunteer () educause edu.  A full
list of working groups is available at
http://www.educause.edu/Elements/Attachments/security/flyer.pdf

I hope to see you in Denver!

-Rodney

Rodney J. Petersen
Policy Analyst & Security Task Force Coordinator

EDUCAUSE
1150 18th Street, N.W., Suite 1010
Washington, D.C.  20036
(202) 331-5368 / (202) 872-4200