Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Strange message

From: "Jimmy L. Fikes" <fikesj () WBU EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:19:20 -0600

We received a couple of messages (both identical) from a Hotmail account
named "wbusucks".

The text of the messages is shown below. Have you seen anything like
this before?

Dear Mr. Reid and Mr. Ballard,
i want your school to succed but you will not payatention to what I said
in my last e-mail. please do somthing about your schools policy towards
people under the age of 21.  Your school does not allow 21 year olds to
obtain a masters degree.  I know of a person who attended your school
that finished the requirements for a masters at 21 but your school made
that peron wate untill they were 22.  This is ageisom and you can get
introuble for this.
since you did not want to pay attencion to me the first time i have sent
a letter to the govener of texas to shut your school down.

Jimmy Fikes
Chief Information Officer
Wayland Baptist University
1900 W. 7th Street, CMB 229