Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Intrusion Detection Recommendations

From: Dean De Beer <ddb () PLAZACOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:19:31 -0400

Mike,

I'm not too sure of your budget but you might want to look at Radware's
Defense Pro IPS. It is a pretty robust appliance. It has Gbit fiber and
copper connectivity or you can have a combination of both. It uses
signatures and I believe the latest also does anomaly detection. Has great
high level, executive reports too for all the suits. :)  We are also going
to be looking at Sourcefire's 3D product. It's pretty impressive and is an
easy transition for any Snort user. We are looking to have one of them
complement our existing Snort setup.

Cheers,

Dean

Dean De Beer