Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Intrusion Detection Recommendations

From: Gary Dobbins <dobbins () ND EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:30:55 -0500

Rather than ACID (which has apparently fallen out of active maint) we
now manage our array or SNORTia with a combination of BASE and Aanval.
 The former is at no charge, while there is a license required for
the latter.

Contact me off-list and I'll put you in touch with our engineer who's
in charge of the array if you wish more details.

Cebulski, John wrote:
I would also suggest that you look at the Intrushield solution by McAfee.