Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Intrusion Detection Recommendations

From: wcon <wcon () CONNCOLL EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 09:34:17 -0400

We¹re using Netscreen¹s IDS/IDP solution, it¹s great for IDP/IDS but does
not do flow analysis . IDP function(which is how we our using it) requires
it to be inline, so that could get expensive, IDS can be out-of-band. One of
the main reasons for going with them was the ease of custom definitions and
definitions update. Cisco also has IDS blades in case you¹re a Cisco shop
that you might want to look.